The university was founded in 1919 as the southern branch of the University of California system. UCLA’s main campus is located in the Westwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, just a few miles from downtown. The university also has several satellite campuses and facilities throughout the region.
UCLA is a member of the Association of American Universities, a prestigious organisation that includes only the top research institutions in the country. The university is also home to numerous research centres and institutes, including the J. Paul Getty Trust and the UCLA Medical Centre.
The university enrolls nearly 43,000 students across a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs.
UCLA acceptance rate overall:
- 2019: 17%
- 2020: 16%
- 2021: 15%
- 2022: 14%
UCLA medical school acceptance rate:
- 2020: 4.5%
- 2021: 4.2%
- 2022: 3.9%
UCLA business school acceptance rate:
- 2019: 11.5%
- 2020: 10.8%
- 2021: 10.2%
- 2022: 9.6%
UCLA law school acceptance rate:
- 2019: 17.7%
- 2020: 16.9%
- 2021: 16.1%
- 2022: 15.3%
UCLA engineering school acceptance rate:
- 2019: 9.2%
- 2020: 8.6%
- 2021: 8.0%
- 2022: 7.4%
Note: There might be little difference in the actual acceptance rate in some cases but this will give you a better idea regarding the acceptance rate in UCLA
Famous UCLA Scholarships
The following is a list of some of the more popular UCLA scholarships:
- The Regents Scholarship is a need-based scholarship that covers tuition and fees for California residents.
- The Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan is a need-based scholarship that covers tuition and fees for California residents with an annual family income of $80,000 or less.
- The Transfer Alliance Program Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for California community college transfer students.
- The International Students Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for international students.
- The Young Regents Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for students from underrepresented groups.
- The Bruin Achievement Scholarship is a need-based scholarship for California residents who have overcome significant economic or academic hardships.
- The Achievement Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- The Leadership Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for students who have demonstrated leadership potential.
To learn more about UCLA scholarships and how to apply, visit the UCLA Office of Financial Aid website.