One way to give back to those who have served our country with many sacrifices is by helping financially to their family. In this article, we’ll be discussing the top 3 Military Scholarships in 2023 that offer financial assistance to military dependents, spouses & children who are struggling to meet the rising costs of college tuition.
It should be noted, each of these 3 military scholarships has different set of requirements. However, all of them share one common goal
“To help the families of our service members afford a college education“
Top 3 Military Scholarships 2023: (Spouse, Children & Dependents)
There are 3 different categories of Military Scholarships in 2023 listed below, with award amounts ranging from $500 to $5,000
1. Military Scholarships for Spouse: National Military Family Association
An NMFA aims to support the military spouse for GED’s to Phd’s, professional licenses & certifications without any restrictions. Furthermore, NMFA supports financially as well as provide access to private social community. Scholarship applications are open for 2023, if you are under the umbrella of military family we highly recommend you to be a part of NMFA.
To apply for this NMFA military scholarship, click here to access the official site
National Military Family Association (NMFA) awarded 7621 military spouse scholarships & largest award is about $14000 since 2004
2. Military Scholarships for Children: Fisher House Foundation
Fisher House Foundation offers 500 awards each year in military children program amounted $2000, the candidates who own Service Identification & Privilege Card are highly welcomed for year 2023.
To be eligible you must possess DD Form 1173 USA, read more for complete info.
3. Military Scholarships for Dependents: Dolphin Scholarship Foundation
Dolphin Scholarship Foundation (DSF) funds are available for submarine force dependents, includes high school children and spouse as well. There are two categories, for college students award range is $2000 & for undergrad grant is $3500. For application and eligibility requirements click here or compare in below table.
Dolphin Scholarship Foundation 124 grants available amounted approximately $0.5 million for Military Dependents
Top 3 Military Scholarships 2023: Awards, Eligibility & Deadline
Military Scholarships 2023 Useful Tips
Applying for military scholarships can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be! You can use these tips to make the process a little bit easier.
- First of all, start by creating a list of Military scholarships that you might be eligible for. As, there are many different scholarships available for military dependents, so take some time to research which ones you might be qualified for.
- Secondly, create a timeline for when you will complete your applications. Make sure to give yourself enough time to fill out each application completely and accurately.
- Thirdly, Once you have a list of potential scholarships and a timeline. Now, you can start working on your applications. Make sure to answer all questions truthfully and thoroughly. It should be noted, incomplete or inaccurate applications will likely be rejected, so take your time and do your best!
- Finally, If you need help with your applications or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to your local military scholarship office. They will answer through the process and make sure that you are putting your best foot forward.
If you are a military dependent who is interested in pursuing a college education, we encourage you to research the different types of military scholarships that are available. With so many different scholarships to choose from, you are sure to find one that meets your needs.
Thanks for reading: Top 3 Military Scholarships in 2023