Jason Lang Scholarship 2023| Alberta Scholarships Deadline, Award, Eligibility
Jason Lang Scholarship 2023
The complete guide to apply for Jason Lang Scholarship, eligibility, deadline & awards
Jason Lang Scholarship Alberta
This scholarship is open for residents of Canada to continue their professional studies
University of Alberta encourages the post-secondary students to continue their undergrad & professional studies with $1000 award.
- Canadian citizen or Alberta resident
- Minimum GPA 3.2 at [Alberta Institutes]
- Completed 80% of full-normal course or 24 units of course weight
- Enrolled full-time student in Alberta Institutes
- Candidate in 2nd or subsequent year of undergrad studies
- Enrolled in 1-year certificate programs
- GPA below 3.2 Cumulative
- Awarded Louise McKinney Scholarship for same period of study
- Obtained lifetime max 3 Jason Lang Scholarships
- Do not return to a Publicly Funded Institutions in Fall or Winter
Find more scholarships here if you are ineligible to above criteria
List of Alberta Institutes
University of Alberta
Government of Alberta via University of Alberta, Canada
- Fall Application Deadline: September, 2023
- Winter Application Deadline: January, 2023
Before you apply for Jason Lang Scholarship, confirm your eligibility click on image below to sign in with your credentials
Candidates are nominated by Alberta post-secondary institutes [Student Awards Office] once they qualify for award.
Jason Lang Scholarship is highly competitive therefore you need to ensure that you meet eligibility criteria to increase your chances to win scholarship
University of Alberta
Fast facts about University of Alberta
- Top 5th Canadian University
- 150th Top in the World
- 200 Undergraduate Programs
- 500 Graduate Programs
- 250 Specializations
- 300 Research Areas
- 40,000 Students from 156 Countries
- 300,000 Alumni Network in 140 Countries
- 1st Nobel Laurate
- 75 Rhodes Scholars
Tips & Tricks
Applying for a scholarship can be intimidating, however there are several tips that can help you qualify for the Jason Lang Scholarship in Alberta.
- First, be sure to meet the eligibility requirements. This includes being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and having Alberta as your primary residence.
- Second, submit all necessary documents in a timely manner.
- Third, make sure your application is complete and your essay is well-written
- Fourth, get letters of recommendation from professors, employers or others who can attest to your academic or professional skills.
- Fifth, If you are appearing for exams soon, make sure you obtain grades that matches with 3.2 GPA of Jason Lang Scholarship eligibility
- In last, attend scholarship information sessions and ask questions at Alberta Official Site
University of Alberta: Contact Details
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA
Administration Building, University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2M7
Get your all queries answered at Student Service Center about form submission, virtual advising, student service portal, degree requirements, post-secondary designated institutions for international students, study permit info.
About Jason Lang
Jason Lang Alberta
In 1999, Jason Lang is the victim of the Taber shooter. 12 students and one teacher were killed in Columbine High School, Littleton. During that incidence, one bullet struck Jason Lang, a 17-year-old Grade 11 student who died on the spot and his friend Shane Christmas, also 17, was blasted in the stomach.